Seventy persons were left homeless after fire destroyed fifteen houses at 118 Hagley Park Road on Saturday.
According to a resident a candle was left unattended in one of the dwelling, because of a power outage in the area.
This cause the fire to quickly spread to the other houses, destroying them.
Fire fighters from the York Park station responded to the call, however they were unable to access the area. Roots News Spoke with Assistant Superintendent Howard Darlington who explained what happened.
Dudley Thompson was on location and filed this report: